[WriteLog] AA5AU WriteLog Website Update

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AA5AU WriteLog Website Update
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 20:57:22 +0000
Don, any Canadians, et al

Thanks to your examples, I started to set up Writelog for the CQ/RJ WW RTTY
DX Contest.

The contest I opened is called CQ World Wide RTTY Contest. But this contest
has the multipliers set up for Canadian Provinces not Canadian "areas" as
stated in the rule book. There is not a 1 to 1 mapping between call areas
and provinces. It seems to me that the namedmul.ini file needs to be
corrected to show the Canadian call areas, eg VE1=VE and the alias section
needs to have for that example NB=VE1 and NS=VE1.

Do I have the wrong contest?  If I have the correct one, don't we need
these changes to the namedmul.ini. Or am I reading the rules wrong?

Some one please give me a sanity check.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 10:02 PM 8/31/2002 -0500, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:
>Added example RTTY messages for CQ/RJ World-Wide RTTY DX Contest.
>The example shows the newly learned (for me) use of %P1 which is used to
>display the callsign of the previously logged station in a buffer for when you
>want to QSL one station's report and send an exchange to another station that
>called at the same time.  I use F8 for this.  Thanks to Irek, VE4COZ, for
>pointing
>this one out.  I learn something new everyday.
>
>Added a link to the rules for CQ/RJ World-Wide RTTY DX Contest.

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton@shentel.net