[WriteLog] CQWW RTTY VE multiplier corrections

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CQWW RTTY VE multiplier corrections
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 00:20:59 -0700
FWIW

Rules for Sep 29-30, 2001 said, "One multiplier point for each US state
(48) and each Canadian area (13)..."  They also said, "Canadian areas
are VO1, VO2, VE1 (NB, NS & PEI), VE2, VE3, VE4, VE5, VE6, VE7, VE8
(NWT), and VY (Yukon)."  This adds up to 11, not 13 if, as the
parentheses suggest, the maritime Provinces all count as VE1.  Very
confusing.  With respect to our most recent new Canadian political
entity I guess the contest committee is having none of it.

Hope to see you in the contest

de Jim Smith    VE7FO