[WriteLog] Re: Internet Time out

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Internet Time out
From: Roger Borowski" <K9RB@arrl.net (Roger Borowski)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:09:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Internet Time out

> > While accessing the Internet for Dx spots, my internet provider (Prodigy)
> > will time me out if I show no activity for 30 minutes. I have even set my
> > Outlook Mail software to check for email every 5 minutes. I still get timed
> > out. Does anyone know of a program that will work with Writelog and DX4WIN
> > and keep my on-line account open by sending a carriage return, etc.
> >
> > I have a dial up connection with very good connect speed and would like to
> > avoid the cost of cable on-line if possible.

Why not use one of the many programs available that keeps your PC clock correct
by checking with the NBS every few minutes and correcting it as necessary. I
use "Tardis" http://www.kaska.demon.co.uk  and although it is shareware, I find
it to suit my needs just fine while working on all PC's on my network here.
Another similar program is called AtomTime at www.atomtime.com   I believe
there are other freeware programs that accomplish the same thing. These little
TSR programs run in the background and use very little resources, while keeping
your PC clock/s perfect and also provides for ISP/internet activity at an
interval you decide, as frequently as every minute! Every 5 minutes works fine
here!
73, Rog-K9RB