FW: [WriteLog] SO2R A/B ASSERTION

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [WriteLog] SO2R A/B ASSERTION
From: Zev.Darack@banklink.com (Darack, Zev)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:30:34 -0400
Before we get a big debate on the reflector:  George changed his mind and
now agrees that this is ON topic.  However, off topic e-mails have been a
big problem IMHO and if we do not curb the off topic e-mails then the people
with the expertise we seek will stop reading the reflector.

To keep this e-mail somewhat on topic I will also address the question about
patches getting left out of builds:  Since the development path of a patch
is different then the development path of a new release the patch needs to
be merged into the latest version of the software.  I work with source
control in a development firm and it is my responsibility along with the QA
department to verify that this does not happen in our software but typically
things like this do occur on occasion and need to be merged into a
subsequent internal release prior to final release.  With the limited staff
of the writelog team and the volunteer testers I would say that having this
happen every once in a while is a fact of life and difficult to prevent with
such limited resources.  I think Wayne has been doing a pretty good job at
it.

73,
Zev N2WKS