[WriteLog] Pa QSO Party

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Pa QSO Party
From: Matt@telemedinc.com (Matt@telemedinc.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 05:45:46 -0400
(I am replying to your message in the WriteLog Archives from my office pc.
The "cc" to the WriteLog Reflector may bounce back to me if it does not
recognize my business email address.)

Allan,

WriteLog CAN produce DUPE SHEETS.

Dupe sheets are not required for electronic logs, in most cases. I am under
the impression, however, that PaQP is reviewing logs manually, thus their
requirement for dupe sheets. I played it safe by mailing PaQP the log (ARRL
format), dupe sheet and Summary Sheet that were created by WriteLog
(v10.36G).

1. To generate the DUPE SHEET:

1.1 From the MENU bar:  File | Export | File version of dupe sheet...

1.2 Be sure to remember where you SAVED the file so you can retrieve it.

1.3 I named my file <WB6BWZ.dup>. It is in ASCII format.

2. To generate the LOG:

2.1 From the MENU bar:  Contest | Save as ARRL format...

2.2 Be sure to remember where you SAVED the file so you can retrieve it.

2.3 The default file name will be <CALLSIGN.LOG>.

    This is NOT a Cabrillo file. Therefore, a SUMMARY SHEET will (usually)
be required for entry information, e.g., Category/Class, if scoring is NOT
being done by computer.

3. To generate the SUMMARY SHEET if you prefer NOT to use the OFFICIAL ENTRY
FORM <http://www.nittany-arc.org/summary_2002.jpg>:

3.1 From the MENU bar:  Contest | Create Summary Sheet...

3.2 Be sure to remember where you SAVED the file so you can retrieve it
later.

3.2.1 The default file format is *.rtf.

3.2.2 It is best to select ASCII <*.txt> for most contest submittals.

3.3 I named my file <WB6BWZ.sum>.

3.4 My summary sheet opened automatically in WordPad (WinMe).

3.4.1 EDIT required information.

3.4.2 The v10.36G shows K3YTL as the Special Events Station. You may change
this to W3FRC (two places, I believe).

3.4.3 The cost for the "Coffee Mug" award must be changed from $8.75 to
$15.00.

3.4.4 The cost for the "Worked All 67 Counties in the Party" must be changed
from $25.00 to $29.00.

3.4.5 At the bottom of the form:

3.4.5.1 "Send to..." should be changed to: PA QSO Party 2002, c/o NARC, P.O.
Box 614, State College, PA 16804-0614.

3.4.5.2 "Deadline for mailing..." should be changed to: November 16, 2002

The above procedure should be verified for correctness by others.

--
Matt Lee, WB6BWZ
Atlanta, Georgia USA