[WriteLog] bandmap

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] bandmap
From: kenb@brookner.com (Ken Brookner)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:19:09 -0800
while everyone is talking about the bandmap, one function that might be
helpful would be to have a way to tell where the spot came from.  one
problem I have in s&p is wasting time looking at spots where there's no
propagation to the spotted station from my qth.  perhaps after the
callsign, the zone number of the spotting station could be shown in
parens, or something.  like... x5xxx (3).  then, we'd at least have an
idea of who was hearing the station when they spotted it.

I found myself looking back through the packet window to find the
stations that originated the spots.

this is really minor.  but it occurred to me last weekend and I figured
I'd just pitch it out there.

73
kenb, KY5G

Ken Brookner