[WriteLog] Not sensitive to sound level

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Not sensitive to sound level
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:21:47 -0500
> WriteLog seems to require a lot higher input level to the sound card to be
> able to decode correctly, especially on CW and PSK31.

Not true.  Levels are same/similar in different modes and different
programs, e.g. WriteLog, MMTTY, Digipan, and others.  You have a fixed audio
output from the rig (I hope) going to your soundcard LINE IN.  The mixer
adjusts the level further, and the mixer is what is controlled by the
program.

If you Recording Properties LINE IN level is the same for the modes and
programs you mentioned, then you should see similar/comfortable activity in
whatever monitor "scope" is active.  WriteLog does not require higher than
"normal" audio input.