[WriteLog] Windows XP Home Questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Windows XP Home Questions
From: irwin.darack@bms.com (Irwin C Darack)
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:40:04 -0500
Two questions:

1) Byte Runner Serial Card - I purchased a new PC running Windows XP
Home and moved my byterunner PCI-200L com card to the new PC. Using
the drivers I found on the Byterunner web site, the card was installed
as Com's 4 and 5. Since writelog does not recognize anything beyond
Com 4, I need to rename the port 5 to port 3. I could not find any
instruction on Byterunners web site.

2) Does anyone have a drive that will allow Writelog to address the
parallel port for CW keying under Windows XP? I have a CW LPT
interface cable from K1NU that I used with my older windows 98SE pc.
Will this cable work with Windows XP?

Thanks, Irwin KD3TB