[WriteLog] Recording audio

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Recording audio
From: W3YY@aol.com (W3YY@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 06:12:15 EST
In a message dated 11/1/02 9:24:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
w2up@mindspring.com writes:

> My new WinXP machine doesn't list MPEG-3 in the format dropdown
> box. Why, I don't know, as several of the audio programs on the
> machine do decode mp3 audio.
>
> Anyone know how I can get the MPEG-3 on this computer? Alternately,
> havs anyone tried any of the other formats that record at relatively low
> bandwidth, on the order of 2KB/s?

Barry -  I have Windows XP Pro and use MPEG Layer 3 for WriteLog sound
recording.  When I click on the "Select WAV File Compression" button in the
WriteLog Sound Board Setup Window, a number of compression schemes are
offered, including MPEG Layer 3.  Selecting the MPEG Layer 3 option then
results in another list box that allows you to choose a bit rate, sample
rate, stereo/mono, setting that you like.

I'm not sure why you don't see the same options there.

I've been using the 32kbps bit rate, 12kHz sample rate, Stereo setting for
general recording and it works well.

73, Bob - W3YY

multipart/alternative
  text/html