[WriteLog] Newbie Question-Is this computer big enough?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Newbie Question-Is this computer big enough?
From: W2CS@bellsouth.net (Gary Ferdinand W2CS)
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 10:08:57 -0500

SO, SO2R, M/S and M/M.  I'll settle for SO/SO2R working well to start with.

>    Will you be wanting to use the CW Decoder features (quite
> useful)?  They do hog processing cycles.

That's a low priority for me.  Sending CW, yes, in spades!  Playing back
voice msgs, yes.

>    Are you running any other applications (e.g., Geoclock, RITTY)
> at the same time as WL?

When contesting, I'll likely keep it simple.  If the clock drifts, I'd
probably run a simple clock synch program, but not a graphic world clock
one.  CW/phone at first.  Dabble with digital modes later.  I would want to
have a LAN-based internet connection for packet spots, however.  (Home LAN
to another machine that acts as an internet gateway.)

>    Best way to find out is to just load it up and try it out.

I'll probably end up doing that.  But, I figured I'd be dumb not to ask a
couple dumb questions first :-)

Tnx all and 73,

Gary W2CS