[WriteLog] Strange DVK Behavior

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Strange DVK Behavior
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:54:38 -0600
Played in the Sweepstakes over the weekend, using the latest version of
Writelog.

Noticed on many occasions an apparent "carrier" or other medium-high
pitched "squeal" while monitoring the playback of recorded audio using the
WriteLog DVK features. The "carrier" sound was definitely transmitted, as I
asked several callers if they could hear it and all could. It didn't happen
every time a message was played back and almost never in the same place.

I don't think it was RF feedback, as the audio circuit is isolated via
transformer from the rig - unless it was coupling through the serial
control cable. I didn't think to reduce power and try the test, but I've
never had RF feedback before and nothing has changed in my configuration.

Thought maybe some other program was interfering or overlaying a "ding" or
some other sound on the playback, but nothing else was running.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas what's going on?

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com