[WriteLog] Miniclock problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Miniclock problem
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:31:32 -0000
Just wanted to make everyone aware of something I noted this
weekend. I use the program "Miniclock" to give me a mini-window to
keep time dispayed on the screen.
I noticed that Miniclock and Writelog didn't agree as I logged QSOs, on
day 2 (it was about 2 minutes ahead, when I noticed). Also noticed that
Writelog used the time of the clock on the task bar in logging QSOs.
I use WinXP and update my system clock to NIST every 15 minutes.
So, that means that Miniclock, while running, doesn't get updated, when
the system time is corrected.
My solution was to terminate and restart Miniclock every now and then.
Otherwise, I would have thought everyone else operated the contest 2
minutes too long :.)
73,
Barry W2UP--