[RTTY] Re: [WriteLog] Virus !!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re: [WriteLog] Virus !!
From: hamcat@directvinternet.com (K4SB)
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 22:39:07 +0000
Guys, I am more likely to belive this action is by a Trojan, There is
a program called
AD-Aware for free which can smoke it out, and also let you see other
little gems which you would never have guessed have unrestricted
access to the net of which you are completely unaware.

http://www.lavasoft.nu

And again, as sorry as it may be, the time has come when a firewall is
an absolute necessity.

ZoneAlarm is a good one, but if you have DSL, be sure to check with
your provider before buying one. It will NOT work with Direct TV
service which I have. I had to buy the Norton firewall and it showed
me 41 programs which had access to the internet. Including
Microsoft Media Player, and Word 97.

73
Ed