[WriteLog] CALLS STARTING WITH W RECD AS M

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CALLS STARTING WITH W RECD AS M
From: ronsue@attbi.com (ronsue)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:49:20 -0500
I noticed a good number of stations in the 160 ARRL Contest that began with
the letter W had that letter truncated to M.  In other words the first dit
didn't get sent.  It became obvious that I wasn't hearing THAT many loud
stations from England on 160.  This becomes more of a problem in the 10
meter contest this weekend.  If your call begins with W it would be a good
idea to have a buddy check out your xmission.  Someone more knowledgeable
than I can specify what to set for a brief delay prior to xmission.

Ron ND5S