[WriteLog] CALLS STARTING WITH W RECD AS M

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CALLS STARTING WITH W RECD AS M
From: k4jrb@juno.com (Dave L Thompson)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 00:17:07 -0500
WA6CDR found this a problem with the older FT 980's that N5IA and I use.
Its the AVC.  It cuts part of the first letter sent so you have plan
around this.  On SSB it cuts the first letter so I get people coming back
to 4JRB or sometimes N4JRB.  I have my voice keyers set to a part of a
second before the call is sent.  This same circuit is used in both the
later FT1000D and 1000MP.   I suggest you listen to your CW or SSB signal
in the monitor or perhaps another receiver to cure (or get around) the
problem.

73 Dave K4JRB