[WriteLog] ARRL 10M scoring

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ARRL 10M scoring
From: Kc9um@aol.com (Kc9um@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:50:01 EST
I noticed something of an anomoly in WL during the contest when logging qso's
for AK  (and HI).

My second qso of the contest was NL7QT on Wrangell Is. who reported his QTH
as as a serial number.  WL correctlty interpreted the call as AK and credited
a 1 in the MULT column.  Later on I noticed  that the AK box in the
multiplier window had not been filled in.  Later in the contest I worked
several other AK stations who all reported their QTH as AK rather than giving
a serial number..  When I logged the first of these WL again credited me with
a 1 in the MULT column and this time filled in the AK check box in the
multiplier window.  My question is, is this correct?  How can AK count as two
multipliers depending on the value in the QTH field?  Didn't notice this for
KH6 stations as they all reported HI as their QTH and none gave a serial
number.

In the Quirks section of the ARRL 10M contest announcement article in the
Nov. QST,  page 114, it states, "KH6 and KL7 participate as DX entities
rather than US states."  To me this means that only NL7QT was properly
sending his report as a sequential number while all other KL7 and KH6
stations were improperly sending their state as QTH.  What are the
implications of this on the scoring by ARRL?

Gary KC 9UM

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---