[WriteLog] Sound Card Score Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound Card Score Question
From: kg6giq@antelecom.net (Dennis J Hoffmeyer)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:18:50 -0800
Hi Group,

This might be the wrong forum to address this issue but someone else
might have seen this.  I am seeing right now on my computer that I use
for Writelog a difference in sound card scoring.  I just recently
changed out my old hard drive for a new one to get some additional
space.  When this was done I loaded a fresh copy of Win2K professional
along with the same programs that I had installed before.  But when I
run the sound board check file off of the Writelog site the score I
receive on the new hard drive is '7b' where on the old one it was '7f'.
I checked the hard drive specifications between the two drives and they
are equal in most cases and I am using the same driver for the sound
card as before.  I even went so far as to check the services running
when Win2K Professional started and the only difference was I had web
services on the old hard drive starting up.  As for the system itself it
is the same in every instance except for the switched hard drive.  So
has anyone else seen an issue like this and was it able to be corrected?
Also I have included partial listing of my system configuration below
and any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

73,
Dennis J Hoffmeyer
KG6GIQ

Current System Configuration:
Windows 2000 Professional - SP2
Abit VP6 - Dual Pentium III @ 866 MHz w/Highpoint HPT370 UDMA/ATA100
RAID Controller
512 PC100 SDRAM
Sound Blaster Live! Value
Maxtor 80GB Hard Drive (Model 6L080J4 - 7200 RPM, 8.5 ms seek (avg.),
ATA133 Controller, 2 MB Cache)
Intel PRO/100 Network Card
Hercules 3D Prophet II Ultra 64 MB Video Card

Old Hard Drive Configuration:
Seagate 20GB Hard Drive (Model ST320414A - 7200 RPM, 8.9 ms seek (avg.),
ATA100 Controller, 2 MB Cache)