[WriteLog] MMTTY plug-in install error

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY plug-in install error
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 19:19:38 -0000
Hi Al --  this sounds all too familiar!

Open your WriteLog.INI file (in the main Windows directory) with Notepad and
check for any instances of double back-slashes  ( \\ ) in references to
paths in the entire file.  Changes these to single ( \ ), and while you're
at it, make sure that any references to directories including your MMTTY
directory are also correct.  Then save and close.

Double back-slashes in paths are the single most common reason for install
failures at this level.  I'm never sure how they get there again after
removal, but when working with the INI file for any reason I always check to
be sure none have been introduced during WL upgrades, etc.  This same
problem also affects installation of SM6SRW's nice contest module packages.

Now try running the plug-in installer after saving your INI file.   Hope
that does it, and let us know here how you made out..

Very 73 and HNY,
Jon         K1US