[WriteLog] Help! de K7BV trying to get on TTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Help! de K7BV trying to get on TTY
From: K7bv@aol.com (K7bv@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 22:22:04 EST
Friends,
I am making my first attempt to get on RTTY and what an experience this is
indeed.  I am a real computer know-not so that makes the challenge twice as
difficult.  But, here is what I have done so far and have failed to put out
signal so far....the contest is but hours away.

I have a IC 756PRO2 with an ACOM 1000 HF+6
Today I purchased WriteLog and then down loaded MMTTY.
I borrowed a cable hookup from the W1AW staff who used this cable with a PRO

I am able to decode signals and "kind of " key my transmitter from writelog
--but the transmitter does not seem to send a shift signal - just a steady
carrier.

I would be ever so appreciative to have a WriteLog / 756PRO2 user walk me
through this on the telephone in time to get on the ARRL RTTY Roundup
Saturday afternoon.
I would like to call this brave volunteer on telephone Sat am and see if we
can get me  cook'n on TTY.

Any patient volunteers ?????

Tks & 73
Dennis K7BV/1