[WriteLog] ARRL RTTY Roundup - State/Provinces Multiplier Unknown

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ARRL RTTY Roundup - State/Provinces Multiplier Unknown
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 07:47:25 -0800
On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 22:48:00 -0600, ki6dy wrote:

>Someone please tell me what I doing wrong. I have worked this contest for
>four or five years with Writelog and never had this problem.
>
>Every logged US or Canadian station resulted in "UNKNOWN MULT" appearing in
>the entry window, credit was given for the contact but state or provinces
>multipliers were not counted. A "?" appeared in the log window under ML for
>all of these contacts.

Usually a problem like this is a missing or corrupted file.  IMO,
the easiest and best fix is to do a complete reinstall of
Writelog after moving all of your old files to a temporary
directory.  After the new install is working, you can move your
old files one at a time to the new directory, overwriting the new
ones, until the problem reappears.  Then you'll know which is the
bad one.

73, Bill W7TI