[WriteLog] RF from your Computer Monitor..

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RF from your Computer Monitor..
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:09:59 +0000
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:27:00 -0700 "Mike Baker K7DD" <k7ddmjb@qwest.net>
writes:

> Have anyone of you come up with a monitor
> that is RF
> QUIET?

As I have posted repeatedly on cq-contest, The Envision EN-710e is
a very quiet 17" CRT monitor, available for a low price if you can wait
for
a rebate offer to come along. You just missed a rebate deal 2 weeks ago
where it was available at Staples for less than $70, after rebate.

Keep an eye on your Sunday morning Staples flyer, or subscribe to
their e-mail ads, which come out on Friday. The rebate is usually
in the order of $80, so it would be a shame to pay full price. If
a deal comes along, snap it up on Sunday morning, because they sell
like hotcakes.

I have found only two very low level narrow-band signals in the
HF bands from this monitor. Both were about S-1. I run 1500W here,
and have never had rfi  _to_  the monitor either.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ