[WriteLog] RE: Yaesu Mark V Frequency VFO B

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: Yaesu Mark V Frequency VFO B
From: g3sjj@btinternet.com (G3SJJ)
Date: Wed Jan 22 18:08:31 2003
I can confirm that  it works with the MK5. Checking Transmit Frequency
enables another column in the log and records the actual transmit freq. With
sub-vfo TX selected, and reading 7004 WL logs 7004, going back to Main VFO
TX WL logs 7006 as shown on the main vfo readout. The Freq columns still
shows 7006 which was the main rx freq (I used to work 5H3RK whilst I was
doing the experiment!) Yes, he said Dwn!

Just need to see if it will show in a Cabrillo log. Unfortunately I was
using a test log I am messing around with in readiness for the FOC Marathon
and it won't produce Cabrillo.

I think that answers Nigel G3TXF's original query after 2 recent domestic
contests where lining up QSOs on the 2nd vfo has become a vital operating
technique for finding those extra few Qs. It will also help the adjudicators
to usnderstand who is doing what to whom!

(Currently using a loaned copy of WL but I will definately be purchasing my
own copy, it is awesome after 8 years with NA.)

Chris G3SJJ
g3sjj@btinternet.com