[WriteLog] Com Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Com Ports
From: roofus@sbcglobal.net (Dennis)
Date: Sat Jan 25 23:10:04 2003
Me again,

I have been reading the mail about USB to com port adaptors.  I have a new DELL
computer and it has 1 com port and 8 USB ports plus a couple of others that I
have no idea what they are.  My ICOM, KNWD, TNC and Rigblaster all use com
ports and that comes to 4.  If the USB adaptors don't work what's the answer?

How about a contest question.... I am playing in my first contest CQWW160 CW
contest.  I have never been on 160 but reading the rules it says "The DX window
is dropped for both sections" and I took this to mean the DX window 1.830 -
1.850 was ok to use for the contest. Well it was wall to wall operators and I
found a spot at 1.831.770 and started to call CQ.  It didn't take long for some
one to stop by and tell me to get out of the DX window.  I did but there were
OP's every place in there calling CQ.  Not being a contester I don't know what
I did wrong. wrong?

The new guy,

73, de Dennis AB8NI