[WriteLog] Com Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Com Ports
From: jim@n7us.net (Jim McDonald)
Date: Sun Jan 26 08:01:41 2003
Dennis,

I don't have any slots left in my 4-year-old Dell, so I use the only
built-in COM port for RTTY with MMTTY with a RigBlaster Plus, and I use a
Comtrol/Rocketport USB-to-4-serial ports box to give me rig control, control
of the 87A amplifier (a frill, since the amp is right in front of me), rotor
control, and a TNC port for packet, which is rarely used.

If you have a PCI slot, there are PCI cards with multiple serial ports.

Jim N7US