[WriteLog] Serial number again - NOT IN CABRILLO

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Serial number again - NOT IN CABRILLO
From: jeflanders@comcast.net (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Sun Jan 26 18:32:28 2003
But if the rules clearly state that I should give out consecutive serial
numbers, and I violate this by giving two guys the same one, you would
think I have committed a "bad", right?

Why in the world are serial numbers used in a contest anyway? The checker
_probably_ verifies the QSO based on time/band only...

Why don't we stop this silly judging of contests and just start giving
awards based on alphabetical order? AA5AU would still win, and it would
save a lot of judging effort.

Jerry W4UK