[WriteLog] SSB control question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SSB control question
From: garry@ni6t.com (Garry Shapiro)
Date: Sat Feb 1 17:23:52 2003
This query is about PTT vs. VOX in SSB contests.

I utilize an MP with a Rigblaster Plus. Plugging the mic directly into the
SB Live! Value soundcard, and utilizing the VOX position on both the
Rigblaster and the MP, I can record to Writelog message buffers, and I can
play back the buffers into the radio. But I cannot get any mic audio if I
engage a footswitch, either through the Heil Y at the rig's mic input or
through the Rigblaster's rear-panel PTT jack. That is, I have VOX only--PTT
engages the radio but not the audio input.

"Echo microphone" is the only soundboard option checked.

I'm sure this is a no-brainer to the annointed...

Garry, NI6T

160 meters---not a band but an obsession