[WriteLog] Bandmap and CW-USB in FT-920

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Bandmap and CW-USB in FT-920
From: w3yy@cox.net (Robert Peterson - W3YY)
Date: Sat Feb 8 00:02:14 2003
You always have a "sideband  to worry about" when operating CW.  Good rigs
allow you to select either a LSB or USB passband.  Older rigs didn't give up
that option so you were forced to live with the designers decision to either
use a USB or LSB passband when operating CW.

While in the CW mode, slowly tune up the band.  When you encounter a CW
signal, if the pitch is high to start and then transitions to a lower pitch
as you tune up the band, your rig is using the USB passband.  If the pitch
starts low and moves high, your rig is using the LSB passband.