[WriteLog] QSO Entry Window

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] QSO Entry Window
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 08:40:56 2003
In a message dated 2/26/2003 3:24:13 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
eric@k3na.org writes:

> I think it's a digit, actually: #1 = So Shetland, etc.  A pop-up window
> prompts you with the available choices.

Eric,

I ran the demo suggested by Wayne, and "3C" in the CALL field causes the
COUNTRY field to display "E,P" for Equitorial Guinea and Pagalu.  Entering
"E" or "P" into the "C" field will then record the correct country.

Alpha characters, not digits, are used to indicate the country.  There is no
pop up window; alpha characters are displayed in the COUNTRY field.

Since WL_CTY.DAT has separate entries for each of the VP8 countries, the
correct country is displayed in the COUNTRY field when you enter a VP8
callsign.  If you only enter VP8, WL_CTY.DAT causes WL to assume Faulkland
Is.

Bottom line:  I don't believe the "C" field is required at all since I don't
think there would ever be an instance of the WL_CTY.DAT file having identical
prefixes for the same country.  To be safe, however, the "C" field would be
needed if there ever was an
an instance of the WL_CTY.DAT file having identical prefixes for the same
country.  [AD1C, Jim, what is your opinion of this?]

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450