[WriteLog] save delays

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] save delays
From: w1cx@earthlink.net (W1CX)
Date: Thu Mar 6 09:29:03 2003
There was a thread about the time it takes for writelog to affect a save during
high rate operations.

At the last Field Day, at w1moo, we ran a 5A that finished with over 5000
qso's. We networked a sixth computer, an extra one, and could do saves on it.
It also served those people who are forever having to "check something" and
lean over the operator to get a squint at the screen and those that have an
irresistible need to send a message to all stations. Networking is so easy with
Writelog, the extra computer was not a big deal.

Hope this helps.
Loyd, w1cx tr-w1moo