[WriteLog] Telnet vs Packet Cluster

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Telnet vs Packet Cluster
From: bferry@brightdsl.net (Bruce Ferry)
Date: Thu Mar 6 12:22:49 2003
For me, the telnet cluster works better because I have trouble actually
reaching any of the area RF packet clusters. The telnet cluster looks
identical to the RF variety. If you have Cable or DSL internet access
then it's the way to go.

If your RF cluster works fine for you I would continue to use it (unless
you were working a VHF contest with 2 meters). If it marginal access or
sometimes looses connection with the rest of the packet cluster world
then the telnet cluster is the way to go. Try: telnet://pktw8gn.apk.net