[RTTY] Re: [WriteLog] North American RTTY Sprint Module update

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re: [WriteLog] North American RTTY Sprint Module update
From: llindblom@juno.com (llindblom@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 6 14:10:41 2003
Yes sir, even with a band change or two there must be three intervening Qs with
other station for the dupe to count as a valid Q.  As for call  highlighting
Vs. watching the log itself, watching the log is what we've always had to do.

Gee, if the computer could do it all without me I'd start it up, let it work
the contest and head to the country tavern 5 miles east of me;-)

73
Larry L W0ETC

---------- Dave Hachadorian <k6ll@juno.com> writes:

One other little issue has showed up in the Sprint
module. The Sprint rules say that three contacts must separate
repeat qso's, regardless of band. I interpret this to mean
that you cannot work the same station again, EVEN ON A
DIFFERENT BAND, unless there are three intervening qso's.

In WL, if I work a particular station on 20, and then
immediately come across that same station on 40, his
call will be highlighted in green, and it will show as
a valid qso if I log him on 40.

So, one really needs to look at the last three qso's
in the log, or, make sure you have 3 "ok's" showing
in the check call window after clicking on a callsign,
to make sure the qso is valid.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ