[WriteLog] Notes on Russian DX Contest

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Notes on Russian DX Contest
From: cwtrench@sprynet.com (The Trench Family)
Date: Sun Mar 16 12:28:38 2003
I converted from CT to Writelog just prior to CQ WW CW in November 2002.  I
continue to be pleased with Writelog, especially as I get up the learning
curve.

I used V10.40J during the Russian DX Contest.  It was reliable and robust.
I think it could even be stronger if the Rus DX module supported the
following:

1.      The Packet Spot recognize oblast multipliers, but does not recognize
country multipliers.  It shows a ?m? when a oblast is a multiplier, but does
not show a ?m? for a country multipler.  I suggest that the ?m? also flag
needed country multipliers.

2.      Similar to the above, the Check Call window does not flag the need for
country multipliers.  It shows an OK on all bands for non UA calls, whether
or not they are needed for a multiplier.  I suggest that the OK logic should
work the same way for all multipliers.

3.      This maybe a bug, but I am unable to generate a Summary Report for this
contest.  Everytime I go to save it, Wordpad immediately opens and I get a
message: ?cannot find this file.?  I?ve done a search, and can?t find the
report anywhere.  I suspect it is not being saved.

tnx,

73 Bud AA3B