[WriteLog] WL and EA RTTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL and EA RTTY
From: dj3iw@t-online.de (DJ3IW Goetz)
Date: Sun Apr 6 10:14:53 2003
Hello WL friends!

I am using WL-10.40J and the SM6SRW_020630 add-ons.
This setup was last used in the BARTG SPRING contest
without any problems.
During the EA RTTY I noticed several peculiarities.
(For our friends in North America: I operate OUTSIDE NA)
1) In the Rttyrite window ALL (new)callsigns were
highlighted in GREEN. There was NO YELLOW for new
multipliers EXCEPT for US and Candian calls.
2) When highlighted calls are clicked into the entry
windows call field usually you get an "add-on" text
like New Station and (if applicable) New Multiplier
beneath the callsign. In the EA RTTY ONLY US and
Canadian calls (and a few EA calls) did get the New
Multiplier indication. All others merely were hinted
New Station - even though they were in fact new mults.
3) Scoring of multipliers as shown in the Band Summary
window was correct.
4) Using the INSERT key put the highlighted call into
the call field and sent the correct contest message.
HOWEVER, these calls were NOT labeled New Station and/or
New Multiplier - just nothing! AND the cursor STAYED in
the call field, did not move on to the next field as usual.
(MoveNextOnEnter=1 is set in the WL Ini)
5) As a result of this problem, the ENTER key would NOT
send the QSL/QRZ message as set up and expected. In each
such case I had to move the cursor manually to the next field.

Did anyone else observe these peculiarities? Is anything wrong
with the 10.40J version or the EA-RTTY module?

73 de Goetz
dj3iw@t-online.de