[WriteLog] you guys would be proud of me

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] you guys would be proud of me
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Tue May 27 14:46:35 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003 04:10:42 +0000 K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net> writes:
> FireBrick wrote:
> > First is counteracts the well-known Tailtwister bug by first
> momentarily
> > turning the rotor the wrong way and then going to the desired
> azimuth.
> -----------
>
> First, congrats to Bill for a well done job.
>
> However, I take exception the to this "well known Tailtwister bug".
> much better name would be lack of maintenance on the rotor. There
> are
> 2 limit switches ...

The sticky brake wedge has nothing to do with the limit switches.
The brake solenoid does not go through the limit switches.
Only the motor windings go through the limit switches.

When the brake wedge sticks, you can hear it buzzing up on the
tower, but you don't hear the "clack" that it makes when the
brake retracts. It is physically jammed. Relieving the jam
by actuating the turning motor in one direction or the other
is the solution. It's a pain. I've gotta get one of those
Rotor EZ thingies.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ