[WriteLog] WriteLog communication with IC756PROII

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog communication with IC756PROII
From: steveac@charter.net (Steve)
Date: Mon Jul 14 20:30:22 2003
John and the reflector,

RigPollInterval was set to 500, that must be the default. I changed the
it to 1000 as well as couple of other values and saw no difference in
the occurrence of the glitch. And as far as I can determine, the CommPTT
setting makes no difference with respect to the problem at hand.

I was in error regarding the momentary dimming of the transceiver
display screen backlighting when WriteLog starts. YPLog does "wink" the
screen when it starts, WriteLog does not.

It may be that I have found a solution of sorts. I've played with
WriteLog a good bit today and it seems the glitch does not occur if the
communication speed between the transceiver and the PC is set to 1200 or
19200 baud. At speeds of 4800 and 9600 baud the glitch is readily observed.

This does not resolve the issue but, at least for me, it seems to have
alleviated the symptoms.

Thanks for the advice!

73,

Steve K8JQ