[WriteLog] Comm port PTT not working on WL 10.40J and later.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Comm port PTT not working on WL 10.40J and later.
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Fri Jul 18 23:42:23 2003
I researched this and find that version 10.38 introduced
a problem: that version and all since fail to honor the
the the "CW Only" comment in the "CW PTT Setup" dialog that
you get when you press "CW PTT" from the Setup Ports window.

If you set that selection to anything but the LPT/RTS setting
(the bottom one) then PTT won't be asserted for any mode--not
just CW. Another way to th prevent the "all mode PTT on RTS"
from working is to use anything other than "PC Generates" in
the Setup Ports.

The update of WL will restore the "CW Only" behavior to
the CW PTT.

Wayne