[WriteLog] FCC Callsign Database with WriteLog?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FCC Callsign Database with WriteLog?
From: ea3gip@ea3gip.net (Fidel Leon)
Date: Mon Jul 28 11:57:19 2003
At 09:19 28/07/2003 +0200, dl6jz@t-online.de wrote:

>WriteLog is a contest logging software and should not overloaded with
>functions I need in my all-day-logger only!!

What you think is overloading could be found nearly a "matter of life or
death" by others. And routines not called from a program can't overload it
(not code executed, maybe some more space occupied in disk, not an issue
having disks priced less than 1 Euro for a Gigabyte.

Wayne made Writelog scalable enough to allow anybody making external
plug-ins for his software, so if somebody needs something and somebody is
readily to do it, why should an user stopping even asking about
features...? I am developing some ham software tools, and I would be more
than happy listening to my users. And arguing pros and cons is a fine way
to learn something.

73,

Fidel Leon - EA3GIP
ea3gip@ea3gip.net