[WriteLog] Computer Query

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Computer Query
From: mdonohue@sympatico.ca (Michael J. Donohue VE3YF)
Date: Tue Aug 5 15:02:55 2003
Hi:
     I am trying to figure out if I can add a couple of Serial Ports to an
old 233MMX Computer. Currently the computer is configured as:

Com1: IRQ 04 (FT-1000D)
Com2: IRQ 03 (PK-900)
Lpt1  : IRQ 07 (CW Keying in Future)

Network Card    IRQ 11
Video Card      IRQ 10
Multimedia Card  IRQ 05
Sound Card      IRQ 09

Com 1 / Com 2 and Lpt 1 are off the motherboard.

How can I use Com 3 / Com 4. If I go in and have a look at the system
resources,   I see no IRQ's that are free. Can the IRQ's be shared on a
successful basis by giving different addresses. I would like to use another
couple of Ports for Rotor Control and Rig Control. Any help in this matter
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

73 De Mike
VE3YF