[WriteLog] Using the Sound Card

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Using the Sound Card
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun Aug 17 13:23:36 2003
Yes, I have the same observations.  I think it's a know problem, and I think
the only answer is to amplify the Heil before the soundcard.  I'm sure
someone has more details.  If you use a cheap "computer mic", you will find
the audio level is fine.  It doesn't sound that bad either!

Some soundcard software has a way to add some gain, but I don't think that
option solves it.  GL - Please let us know what you end up doing.  I'm not
an SSB contester, so I've put it on the back burner.