[WriteLog] Using the Sound Card

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Using the Sound Card
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun Aug 17 18:19:42 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "N1LN_TXU" <n1ln@txucom.net>
To: "WA9ALS - John" <wa9als@starband.net>; "Sherman Banks" <w4atl@arrl.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Using the Sound Card

> John and Sherman,
>
> I have been using a Heil for 4 yrs using WriteLog and the 'on board' sound
> cards in my Compaq Deskpro PCs.   I have two stations (one FT1000MP and
one
> FT920) and they
> work great.  The MP has a home brew Rad Shack XMFR in the audio out of
sound
> board
> into the phone patch of the MP and the 920 is using a Little Rascal
> interface.

I was referring to the fact that I can't get sufficient audio to record by
simply hooking the Heil to the soundcard.  It works fine with the PROII
without a preamp, and the computer mic works fine with the soundcard.  It's
multifactorial - It depends on the mic, the soundcard and availability of
any boost.  Then there's adjusting the output to the individual rig and the
desired input.