[WriteLog] Using the Sound Card

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Using the Sound Card
From: labradley@mindspring.com (Larry Alkoff)
Date: Mon Aug 18 17:05:58 2003
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:28:55 -0500, WA9ALS - John wrote:

>Good questions - With the right software, even a "truly awful" soundcard
>will print RTTY that you can't even hear.  Maybe with the SC we can print
>stations that aren't even operating!  HI  Just kidding - looks like a good
>soundcard choice.

John can you give a few examples of the "right software".

How does DX4Win and WriteLog stack up?
Is there any software with a good on-screen tuning aid to zero in on an rtry
sig?

I'm using a KAM Plus but it's quite hard to tune in rtty by watching the lights.

Larry N2LA

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX