[RTTY] Master RTTY Database - Check your call

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <Writelog@contesting.com>,"RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Master RTTY Database - Check your call
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:46:15 -0500
With the CQ WW RTTY DX Contest coming up next weekend,
I'd like for everyone to please check to make sure their callsign is in
the master RTTY callsign database.  As I found out today, there are
some prominent RTTY calls not in there.

The latest database is aa5au_rtty081503.  To determine if your callsign
is in the database, go to http://rttycontesting.com and download the
aa5au_rtty081503.zip file.  The link to this file is in the middle of the right
hand column.

Inside the zip file, there is a file called mstrtty.cal and this is the ASCII
version of the database.  Open mstrtty.cal with Wordpad (It's too large for
Notepad).  Do a search with CTRL-F to look for your callsign.

Writelog users that have aa5au_rtty081503.dta activated as their Super
Check Partial file can simply type their own call in the Entry Window and
see if the call shows up in the Super Check Partial window.  For more
information on how to set the .dta file in Writelog, there are instructions
on rttycontesting.com.

If your callsign is not in this database and you would like it be included,
simply reply directly to me (not the reflector) with the callsign you would
like added and I will add it.

Then on Thursday of this week (9/25/03), I will post a new zip file on the
web with a new database with all the calls I receive added.  I will announce
the new file on the reflectors.

Thanks,
Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com