RE: [WriteLog] How to setup WL for rtty with Kam plus

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] How to setup WL for rtty with Kam plus
From: "John E Bastin, K8AJS" <jbastin@sssnet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:00:50 -0400
At 13:06 -0500 09_26_2003, Larry Alkoff wrote:

I've looked at your website Don. I'll be trying to implement your instructions shortly but I would _really_ like to use FSK not AFSK.

I'm using FSK with a RigBlaster Plus on an FT1000MP.

What I don't know is how or if to use the Rigblaster interface for rtty.
I assume I'd have to make up another cable in addition to the Mark V audio connection.
What I have in mind is a cable from the Rigblaster to the rtty jack on the Mark V - is this possible?

I'm running a cable from the RigBlaster Plus to the RTTY jack on the MP and it works like a champ (I also have another cable going to the key jack for CW). The received audio from the radio comes out of the AF Out jack in the back and goes straight to the sound card - the RigBlaster is not connected to that at all.

I don't remember now (it's been a while since I set this up) but IIRC I couldn't do what I wanted using a RigBlaster, it had to be a RigBlaster Plus or better. I do know that I had to add another switch in the side of the RigBlaster Plus to switch one of the jumpers in and out so I could use it for both CW and RTTY.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions about how I wired it up, feel free to ask - I'll be able to provide more details this evening when I'm home to look at it...:-)

  _
 /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
 \ / Ribbon Campaign  | jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
  X  Against HTML     |       http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs
 / \ Email!           |