[WriteLog] Rig communication

To: writeloggroup <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Rig communication
From: "James A. Carmody" <carmodyjim@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:16:14 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry for this, but I have a really dumb question.  I
have a new FT 857 which communicates well with
software such as the 817 Commander via the CAT cable
which plugs into the serial port of my notebook.

I am trying to get DVK operation going with .WAV files
on the notebook and WriteLog.  I am getting the
feeling that such will only work if connection is made
via my printer LPT port and the radio---not the CAT
cable.  If it will not work on the CAT, I am not going
to fool with it in the near term (CQWWSSB).

Feedback?  Sorry if this is too stupid to be worth a
comment.

Jim, ei2vno

=====
James A. Carmody, nn5o, carmody@lawyer.com
6363 Woodway, Suite 910
Houston, TX 77057
http://www.lawyers.com/jacarmodypc
Voice Mail: 713 446 4234; eFax: 815 461 5321
GO TEXANS!!