Re: [WriteLog] CW port lockup on start up

To: W7OM@aol.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW port lockup on start up
From: Rick Tavan <tavan@tibco.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 14:59:41 -0800
If the computer is permanently connected to the radio, this is going to happen as the operating system initializes its output ports. My computer connects through a DX Doubler switching network so I fix the problem by putting the DXD transmit mode switch in Manual during O/S boot. If you have no such switch, you could put one in the tx key line or just turn off VOX and BK-IN on the FT-1000MP. (The other FT-1000's may have differently named controls but you get the idea.)

73,

/Rick N6XI

W7OM@aol.com wrote:

When the computer comes on during, the FT-1000 key line locks up. By going to WriteLog Setup/Ports and checking Okay, the lockup is cleared. I am using a keying interface for both the cw and PTT lines.

How do I clear the lockup upon initialization of the computer? WriteLog does not seem to be in the Start file.