Re: [WriteLog] Update 10.43F ready for downloading--LOTW questions

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Update 10.43F ready for downloading--LOTW questions
From: "Ian White, G3SEK" <G3SEK@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:30:01 +0000
Wayne wrote:
As a general rule in WriteLog, all the dialogs have either
a "Help" button or will respond to F1, and reading that
might resolve some mysteries.

> 2. After selecting the correct cert and entering the correct
> password (verified, typed carefully and re-tried several
> times) the dialog would not enable the OK button or allow any
> further actions. The only way out was to Cancel.

WL wants the certificate and station location selected before it will let you go further. The password doesn't stop the OK buttonn from being enabled--if you have it wrong, WL will ask for it again.

After posting the question, I looked at the TQSL dialog for the (n+1)th time and found the answer myself: the dialog behaves differently in the Certificate (callsign) list and in the Location list.

In the Certificate list the first entry is automatically highlighted - if that's the one you want, you *don't* have to click on it. But even if that certificate has only one valid Location, it's not automatically highlighted. You *do* have to click on the Location to highlight it - and then the OK button is activated.

What fooled me was that the Help file describes these two different behaviors in the same way: "you select". No big deal... once you know about it.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK