Re: [WriteLog] First time user

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>,"N9NUN@aol.com" <N9NUN@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] First time user
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:05:51 -0600
You may need more level. This is controlled by the mixer adjustments in
Windows. The Windows mixer has two screens -- one for playback and one
for record. This selected on most sound card mixers with the Options
menu. You are looking for the Record settings, and the Line Input.

Jim

 --Original Message Text---
From: N9NUN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 07:44:30 EST

Feed receive audio to your sound card, (and set the sound card's input
mixer to accept it), then tell WriteLog to start the CW Reader! There
are some setup choices for the range of audio frequencies and speeds to
copy, but the defaults are a good starting point.

Hello,
Thank you very much for replying back.  I have the cable connected from
the back of the rig (AF out) to the sound card.  If I open the sound
card and it test it will receive the cw and playback the sounds.  Once
I go back to WriteLog and open up the CW Decoder nothing happens.  If I
try to receive thru RTTYrite I receive a mess of letters that don't
make any sense any they come up even with the rig OFF.  I'm not sure
where this is getting it from but no signal from the radio.  I'm sure
somewhere I messed up on configuration.

Mike

In a message dated 11/22/2003 8:58:20 AM Central Standard Time,
Feed receive audio to your sound card, (and set the sound card's input
mixer to accept it), then tell WriteLog to start the CW Reader! There
are some setup choices for the range of audio frequencies and speeds to
copy, but the defaults are a good starting point.

Jim K9YC