RE: [WriteLog] ARRL 160 meter contest

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] ARRL 160 meter contest
From: "Bob McCormick W1QA" <writelog@W1QA.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:59:42 -0500
> I am having a problem with my scoring.  I am running the
> latest version of WriteLog.  DX is not being scored.  I
> receive a "?" under the M field and 2 point score is entered.
>  I thought DX was 5 points and that DX counted as a
> multiplier.  Case in point is T32WW.  Logged Section as T32.
> Tried logging it as T3 with no change.  Is this the correct
> way to log DX?
[snip]

That's strange ...
I operated that contest (albeit didn't get the T32) ...

If you look at the ARRL rules for that contest ...
they clearly indicate that the exchange for DX stations
should be just the report - paraphrasing the League's
wording "because the country is evident from the callsign".

I know a few DX stations that I worked did send
typically their country code prefix - but I did
not log it.

When you enter in the call T32WW WriteLog should have
properly identified the country code ... and in the
log line, you should see this.  Did you do something
to change that behaviour?

Is your location setup to be in the US to start with?

Don't worry about your scoring - when you send in
your Cabrillo format log - it will all be taken
care of by the League's computer software.

HTH
Bob W1QA