Re: [WriteLog] WL holding my computer hostage!!!

To: "writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL holding my computer hostage!!!
From: "Richard Leary" <rsl6145@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 07:57:51 -0000
I played around with it some here as well, no problems, no errors.
I use a Pentium 4, 1.4Mhz, Windows XP Pro, and Eric, also a TS-870S, with
Rigblaster Plus, and Writelog 1.44B. Oh, and I also have Cool Edit 2000. Works
great.

Under Setup, dropdown menus. Where do you see any underlined characters
(SSB,RTTY). I don't have any underlined/accelerated letters/keys on any of my
menus.

Under CW/RTTY messages. You can set them up any which way you want. If your
last setup had SSB keys selected, it will stay that way until you Exit out of
WriteLog. Whenever I exit WriteLog, then open it again, the CW/RTTY/SSB box
will always show up with the CW selections. Doesn't make any difference,
because if WriteLog is polling your rig, when you change from CW to SSB, or
vice versa, on the TS-870, the messages change as well.

Oh yes, I sent you an email, direct a couple of days ago, regarding the CW
delay. I use anything from 5ms to 100ms. Anything between those numbers doesn't
seem to me to cause any problems. I also try and keep the internal keyer in the
870 fairly close to Writelog's CW speed, around 26-30wpm works for me. That way
I can hand fill in any off the wall CW that needs to be sent during contests.

Keep playing around with it. Like I said, I haven't had any problems with it
here, and be sorta careful about blaming WriteLog. I've found that a little
experimenting, and reading, and listening to this reflector can solve a lot of
problems or concerns one might have.

That's about it for now. Hope this helps Eric. Oh, those 2 emails I sent you,
got bounced back. Something about spam. I had my call in there as well. You've
got your mail filters screwed down so tight, I doubt if anyone can get through.

73,
Rick W7LKG
rsl6145@msn.com