Re: [WriteLog] WL holding my computer hostage!!!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL holding my computer hostage!!!
From: "Dean M. St. Hill" <dsthill@cbcbarbados.bb>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:05:48 -0400
  Mr. Hilding...

  If you expect any help from anyone, you first need to simply set out the
problem, giving as much facts as possible.

  What operating system are you using?

  What exact files are you trying to trim?? WL has files it records from the
radio or msg2.wav etc.

  I believe you are doing something wrong within CoolEdit. I work in radio
and TV production and I have tried to emulate the problem you mentioned. In
fact I have writelog open, and I was still able to open msg2.wav, trim it,
and save it without closing writelog. Therefore writelog only uses that file
when it is transmitting the file. Other than that those files appear not to
be marked as in use within windows.

  I believe the recordings of a contest may be slightly different.

  As a long time user with no problems with the software I get pretty upset
with comments like yours and it takes a big effort to try to help, when by
your own actions and utterances, I'm led to believe you don't want help, but
just want to sound-off.

  Like others, I too tried your email address. Advice: fix your filters. If
I'm being rejected for trying to help, you're not very likely to attract
much help. Now are you???

  Dean - 8P6SH/8P2K